in Ealing London
Neurologist diagnoses, treats and manages disorders that affect the central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord) and the peripheral nervous system (nerves and muscles which activate movement and transmit sensation from all parts of the body to the brain).
Neurologists treat any disease of the body’s systems that affects neurological function.
Neurologists also treat infectious disease such as meningitis which can cause brain damage and lead to complications like epilepsy.
They also treat peripheral nerve diseases which may result in weakness or sensory impairment.
In many cases, the diagnosis of new patients with neurological problems is by clinical assessment alone (taking a thorough history of the symptoms and physical examination), though in others there may be a need for further investigation such as blood tests, scans (CT or MRI) and electrical tests which measure peripheral nerve and muscle function. On-site our neurologist can do doppler ultrasound scan (neck).
Patients are followed up either to clarify the diagnosis or alternatively to manage longer term problems. Examples of conditions which require long term follow-up are epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
Neurologist treats conditions such as:
• multiple sclerosis
• peripheral neuropathy (disease affecting the nerves) including chronic neuropathic pain
• Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders (eg tremor)
• Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) also known as motor neuron disease. MND (causing weakness and muscle wasting due to nerve degeneration)
• spinal cord diseases
• muscle diseases like muscular dystrophy (causing weakness of muscle fibres)
• myasthenia gravis (where the muscles become weak and tire easily) and related disorders
• brain tumours
• functional disorders (symptoms which cannot be explained by neurological damage)
We encourage you to take advantage of the offer of our clinic
In our clinic we treat every patient with great reliability and attention. Our team consists of doctors with many years of experience, who gained their knowledge and skills in the best medical facilities around the world.
First consultation £160
Follow-up consultation (20 minutes) £130
Doppler ultrasound scan (neck) £70
Medical Record Report £50