Ultrasonography, known also as sonography, belongs to one of the most important diagnostic methods available. It is a safe technique that visualizes the internal structures of the body. It uses high-frequency sound waves in order to get a dynamic view. Ultrasonography supports stomach, breasts, female reproductive organs, prostate, heart, and blood vessels diagnostic.
- Abdomen – liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, paraaortic nodes (the last meal should be maximum 4 hours before the visit),
- Retroperitoneal space – kidneys and urologic organs, urinary bladder,
- Thyroid – thyroid gland and neck area,
- Prostate – prostate gland,
- Breasts – breast gland and nearby lymph glands,
- Obstetrics and gynaecology – examination of uterus and ovaries, monitoring of pregnancy,
- Hip joints of infants – dysplasia and congenital hip dislocation prevention.